Thursday, September 4, 2008

Getting Personal...

Growing up, I often likened my life to that of a politician's daughter. We were always in the spotlight because of our dad's job, and always had to live our lives on the straight and narrow.

As the "rebelious" one of the bunch, I learned quickly that what I did would be heard by my parents at some point. I once drove to Pineville from Clover, only to run into a church member at the mall, and have my clutch go out on the way back home in Lake Wylie. Try to explain that one. And this was back before cell phones.

But since becoming an adult, I've realized that privacy isn't always a matter of caring what people think of you, but of making sure to guard yourself and your heart from other's misleadings. I don't often care what people think of me, unless I think it's not true.

But lately, I've realized that the opinions that people form aren't usually detrimental to my ego, but are detrimental to my following my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats