Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Random quotes from the Hutch

I totally didn't want to write an entire blog about this, so I had to title the blog that I wanted to write so that this would fit in... anyhoo...


Sitting at dinner the other night, I had a random Amy quote. It went something like this... "I told God that if He didn't let me date a great guy soon, I was going to start sleeping around. He hasn't responded yet. Probably because God doesn't like to be threatened. But maybe partially because He knows I'm bluffing."


So, this leads me to my next quote. A few days ago, my friend Arran and I were sitting discussing some life stuff going on. I have never made it a secret that I want to go back and get my masters. People ask me all the time why, and I really have no good reason, other than I want a higher ed degree on my resume', and I feel as if the bachelors is becoming the new high school diploma, so I want to make sure I'm prepared.


So, Arran and I are sitting and talking, and the conversation goes something like this:


"If I get fired, I'm going to become a missionary."-Me

"What kind of missions would you do?"-AK

"I dunno, I just would take that as a sign I should go into missions."-Me

"WHAT???"


Yeah, it made no sense at all. There was some more, including the discussion about the MBA. "Why do you want to get an MBA?"

"I dunno."


But a couple of weeks ago, there was another discussion that started randomly and actually turned into a great idea. As we were standing around, we had an event planner/fundraiser, a musician, and a graphic designer, all three of whom are close friends with a photographer. Hmm. What to do? We'll start a business!


I pitched my idea, which was a fantabulous one but if I told you I'd have to kill you. Mainly because parts of it might actually go through.


The one part that I will tell you is this. I've decided what I want to do for fun with the photography skills I'm (slowly!) picking up. I want to be an "official" event photographer for nonprofits. I would come out, shoot pictures for free (at least, in the beginning), publish a website of them, and event attendees could purchase pictures (with a percentage going to the nonprofit) and then give the rights over to the nonprofit to use for marketing materials.


So, if you know anyone who's interested....


No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats