Sunday, September 28, 2008

I left my camera at home this weekend. It took every ounce of effort.

So, I'm sitting here at 10:00, anxiously awaiting the photos that I willingly surrendered to the hands of my other friends. Come on, facebook...

I was very very sick all last week. I didn't want to lose my vacation days, so I sucked it up and went into work, but I felt like crap pretty much the entire week. On Thursday night, I was in so much sinus pain I tossed and turned the entire night. So, I went to work exhausted on Friday, and came straight home and to bed. This meant that I felt a lot better on Saturday.

Still, if any of you suffer from allergies, you know how it works. Eventually you get to the point where your head/glands/eyes feel like they aren't going to explode, but still the remnance of a week trying to breathe remain in your nasal cavities in the form of extreme pain.

But Saturday, after spending a week away from the gym, I decided that I needed to have a slow make-up day. I went in and did 10 minutes on the treadmill, slow but with a 3% incline. Nice little warm-up. So then I do some abs, and move on to arms. So far so good. As I was working on my shoulders, my nose starts to run. Crap. So I wiped and moved on. My nose started running again on rep 8 of 10, so I decided to just let it run for the next 2. Then the thought occured to me that it might not be that my nose is actually running. Yup. I was the girl using the weight machine while blood was running down my face. I'm pretty hard core like that.

I'm taking this as a sign that I should slow down. I think probably after not getting home before 9 or 10 on most nights, I need to have nights to myself.

Side note. I'm sitting here watching You've Got Mail, and the check-out girl who is the one in the cash line that gives Meg Ryan's character a hard time about using a credit card in the cash line, is the same girl that plays George's ex-wife on Grey's Anatomy. I love when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats