Monday, September 29, 2008

I cannot believe I finally figured out what that button is for...

For the first time tonight, I came back and uploaded pictures...122 of them... and was really proud of my work.





A few weeks ago when at our picnic, I was "playing with" (meaning, staring in awe at) Andy's D300. For all of you who know nothing about cameras, go ahead and skip this paragraph, b/c it won't make any sense. I thought that the ISO button on the top was just a Nikon thing (darn you, Canon!) but Jeremy let me know that the 40D's have them as well (darn you, $1200 body!) Anyway, so by some miracle today, I remembered to switch my ISO's when my shot wasn't coming out right. This, alone, is huge progress. My dummy self always comes back with pictures that are either too dark or noisy.





Anyway, just uploaded the pictures, and my critiques of myself are that I didn't get out of the cart enough. I should've gotten a little closer to the players, but was trying not to distract them as well. But, for the most part, they were in focus (yay!) and decently composed. My stupid self needs to realize that if I don't like the shot on the little LCD on my camera, I'm probably not going to like it on the big LCD on my computer. Silly, silly me!





Anyway, here are a couple of shots from the day:




These guys were so cute. I think these guys are what I want my husband to look like in about 40 years . :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats