Friday, September 26, 2008

I promise I work, and here's proof...

A lot of people mock me for my usage and expertise in Facebook. The truth is, I'm slightly obsessed, and probably should give it up for New Year's. Except that I wouldn't have a life without it. It has become my main form of communication. I hate talking on the phone, my cell is a pain in the butt to text on, and I only e-mail those annoying people who refuse to get on facebook, such as a certain Young Adult pastor at a certain Carmel Baptist who shall go unnamed...

Anyway, people rag on me a lot about this, so a couple of weeks ago, I took a picture of a classic Amy workday, just to prove that I really do use Facebook for work:





But yesterday, sadly my computer and I were separated from each other for a half a day. There were no status updates, no checking in on friends, no harassing wall posts. I had to work away from my desk all morning. I got back to my desk in time for a quick Cupid Shuffle with Karen, and then kept going. We had an event last night for our golf sponsors, which was way more fun than it should've been. I got to play photographer for a while, and I think (think!) that I'm actually improving, which is way exciting.

(Yes, I realize they are napkins, but the other pictures that came out well were of people that might not want their faces on my blog. Sorry, folks!)

I told a photographer the other day that I get frustrated b/c I'm at the point where I can tell what makes a picture good and what makes it bad, but actually executing it in the moment is tough. A lot of my pictures were out of focus last night, and I realized the focus setting was wrong and I had switched the focus point to the right side of the frame early on in the night and had forgotten to switch it back. I then wanted to throw my camera across the room.

Anyway, last night I get home, and about 3 glasses of wine into it, I get a call from Jason, the President of Guys with Ties. Jason and I met a couple of weeks ago through CharlotteONE:, and he had presented Bethlehem Center to the committee for consideration as the beneficiary for their Halloween party for this year. My ex-boyfriend and several friends of mine had gone to this 2 years ago, when they were first getting started, and we had so much fun. I was very excited that even though this meant missing my friend Karen's Halloween party (serious bummer), it meant getting involved with a great event with a great group of guys for a great cause (can I say "great" one more time??).

Now, let me tell you that there have been times when I have really busted my butt to make one dollar at the Bethlehem Center, and there have been other times when things have just kind of fallen into place. And when those times that things have fallen come, I have to put the credit on God.

After talking his Jason's ear off about how funny it was that my work cell rang at 9 o'clock and it wasn't who I thought it was (seriously, people, 3 glasses of wine!), he gave me the good news. They picked us this year!

For all of you who don't have plans, yet, and even those of you who do, come out to Cans on Halloween. $10 cover, all proceeds benefitting the Bethlehem Center. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats