Sunday, July 20, 2008

Winthrop Photowalk w/Charlotte Photography Meetup

Yesterday I got the pleasure of doing a photowalk with about 20 Charlotte-area photographers (ranging from very novice... cough... me... to semi-professional and professional). Since I've been bugging Dave and Mike regularly for advice, I figured it was about time to go off and find others.

Andy, one of the leaders of the group, teaching three of the other girls. This would be my "four" except the composition isn't so hot.


The walk started out at Byrnes Auditorium, which was very trippy since that's where I first studied music, and ended at Rutledge, which was even trippier since that's where I took a photography class when I was 13. I tried to recreate the first picture I took, but unfortunately the site was covered in dog poop and I didn't really feel like torturing anyone that way.




Afterwards, we headed out to Carlos' Cafe, where I resisted the urge to whip out the camera and take pictures, but it was definitely a picture-worthy place. Even more ironic considering not a single person at the table would have judged. For the record, we definitely need to go back... the $14 pitcher of sangria had at least 20 glasses worth in it... I tried to contribute to the cause of depleting it, but finally after about 2 hours of working on it, defeat was admitted.




Here are a few of my shots from the day. You can search for tag CMPG0708Winthrop on Flickr to see what others got.




No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats