Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pausing

I'm in the middle of working on editing the pictures from last night, but I just wanted to pause for a second.

If you've been reading my blog or know me at all, you know that there are 3 major photographers that I stalk, I mean, er, study on a regular basis. David Johnson is a good friend of mine and one of the biggest reasons I got into photography. Cheyenne Schultz is a friend from way back when, and is also a tremendous photographer. She and David have both shot for CharlotteONE: and have worked together before in wedding photography (*cough* thanks to yours truly *cough*).

The third, though, is someone that I've never met before, but is a photographer that I've heard about through relentless stalking of Cheyenne. Her name is Scarlett Lillian, and I admire her work a lot. It might be hard to tell, but I model a lot of my style in photography after her. Or at least, make some attempts at it.

Although I've never met her, I feel oddly as if I call her a friend (yes, it's odd, but also not odd if you know me at all), so I wanted to go ahead and put this out there. Scarlett's dad passed away this past weekend after an 8-month long battle with cancer. Since we're not really friends, I feel as if I would do injustice to explain what she's been going through over the past several months, but I encourage each of you to say a prayer for her, and read about her family's journey here.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you for the kind words about my dad here on your blog!! May God bless you Amy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I got your comment on my blog about my mom's blog and the hook up you have. Thanks for emailing your connection! Let me know if you hear anything further!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats