Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Shawn McDonald at CharlotteONE:

I heart Shawn McDonald. I do hope that when I do get married, my husband can sing and play the guitar like that. For realz.

I was "introduced" to Shawn a year ago when he was supposed to be coming to CharlotteONE: and immediately fell in love (with his music, that is). It's perfectly my style... mellow and acoustic, with a great mix of sounds. Plus, dude can skat like nobody's business... and for a girl who always saw herself singing jazz professionally, that's definitely something that impresses me.
So, after a year of waiting, I finally got to see Shawn in concert last night at CharlotteONE:, a Christian young adult and singles ministry that I have been involved in over the past couple of years.

Since I am always one to take any excuse to practice my photography more, I had camera in tow. I started out on the balcony so that I wouldn't disturb anyone (other than Tiffany and Jason, of course, who I sat beside... I'm sure they loved that!). When I saw that Andrew, one of the official CharlotteONE: photographers was not there, I decided to move around some more and try and get some better shots. Turns out, mine from the back of the room with my crappy 70-300mm lens came out the best. But yes, Dave, I still lust over your L lenses.
Here are the shots from the night. I struggled with how much to edit these, so I really didn't very much. Adjusted wb on a couple, cropped out a couple, but that's pretty much it. I think I would make Andrew proud for that one. ;-)














1 comment:

  1. Ha, great minds think alike Amy! I love Shawn!! Amazing music! And just so sweet and humble in person too!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats