Saturday, January 31, 2009

Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them.

When I was in college, I lived on a sorority hall with 48 other women. Break-ups were pretty frequent. So, my sorority Big Sister would make these cookie cakes with a great big "boys suck" on them and we would rent movies, get some sugary sodas and pizza, and gorge on the cookie cake. Best therapy ever.

I had a philosophy on break-ups and how to get over them which I frequently shared with my sisters. Find one reason you dated, and one reason you broke up. Throw the rest of the reasons away. This helps you find one thing worthy enough of the guy to stay friends, but one thing that will keep you from having that desire to get back with him.

Since college, I've dated 4 guys, none of them very seriously. I've been seriously interested in 2 others that I never dated. And I continue searching for these reasons. But one of them, I haven't been able to give that consideration. I feel the hatred welling when his name is even mentioned. I can find a list of "break up" reasons for a list long enough to stretch across the Carolinas, but can't think of anything other than "I made a huge mistake." And what's worse than just hating him, I have this horrible attitude about a lot of the people who surround him. It drags me into this horrible place that I can't get out of.

Please pray for me. That I can forgive him, forgive myself, and find a way to be who I really am again.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats